Ziggy is sympathetic and only happy that they were able to take some time apart, but when she goes back to work, she finds it difficult to adjust to everyday life. Theo’s band’s success is being bragged about by Justin (James Stewart), and Dean is afterwards beaming with pleasure following Jai’s triumph in his footy gala event.
She becomes annoyed and snaps as a result of Justin’s constant compliments of Lyrik. Ziggy starts to question whether she could have given surfing a serious try because she feels like she’s lost her youth. Instead, while Dean is occupied with fatherly responsibilities, she is residing in a small town and works at a garage.
Justin cautions Dean that he needs to talk to Ziggy about what happened after she became upset earlier in the garage since he believes the trip was to blame. Dean, though, is adamant that everything went smoothly and that Justin must have provoked her. Later, when Dean meets up with Ziggy, he is taken aback by her positive attitude.
Ziggy tells him with melancholy that the road trip made her miss their dream to compete in surf competitions along the coast, but they now had obligations at home. She acknowledges that her fantasies are unattainable, but Dean can tell that she hasn’t completely given up on her hopes of becoming a surfer.
Dean worries that Ziggy’s thoughts are now more focused on the life she wishes she could have as a result of the surf vacation backfiring and giving her food for thought.
He feels helpless and realizes he might be delaying his girlfriend. Ziggy retrieves a flyer for an upcoming surfing competition from her back pocket and takes it to the garage. Can’t she go after her dreams too?
Later, to her surprise, Dean approaches her with a suggestion that she should pursue her professional surfing ambitions. She will find Dean and Jai waiting for her at Summer Bay.
- Johnny Ruffo’s partner Tahnee Sims shares heartbreaking tribute on the one-month anniversary of Home and Away star’s death
- Home and Away Alf star’s marriage to wife – secret wedding and ‘life-saving’ care
- Home and Away’s Matt Evans shocks fans with 10kg transformation: ‘Inspiring’
- Home and Away reunion sends fans wild: ‘Great news!’
- Ada Nicodemou shows off her trim pins in glistening frock as she leads the arrivals at Channel Seven Christmas bash alongside Sam Mac