Sunrise’s beloved TV host, Matt Shirvington, will be joining the Summer Bay cast.
7NEWS has said that Shirvo has secretly filmed scenes for Home and Away, one of Australia’s most-loved shows… the episodes are set to air next year.
Shirvo “shot his scenes at Sydney’s iconic Palm Beach,” 7NEWS understands.
We all wonder what role the former-Olympian-turned-Sunrise host will play.
It is thought that he will be playing himself.
Speaking with 7NEWS, Shirvo has talked about his time on-set.
“As a kid who grew up watching Home and Away, it was all a bit surreal to be in Summer Bay with Alf Stewart!” he said.
He shared that it was a very “fun experience.”
“The entire cast and crew were so welcoming and generous with acting tips and advice for this novice.
“I think this will be one of those things my kids are never going to let me live down!”
We can’t wait to see Shirvo in Summer Bay, but this will not be the first time a Sunrise star has appeared on the show.
Back in October 2021, weather presenter Sam Mac, played himself as a VIP guest on the beloved soap.
- Home and Away 8211 Promo | Theo is hooked on the high. A hurt Valerie draws boundaries. Tane faces a roadblock.
- Home and Away 8210 THU 22nd February 2024 HD Episode PART 3/3
- Home and Away 8209 THU 22nd February 2024 HD Episode PART 2/3
- Home and Away 8208 THU 22nd February 2024 HD Episode PART 1/3
- Home and Away 8207 Has Xander lost a friend? Alf reveals a secret. Tane makes a startling discovery.