CLAIRE KING has made a career as her character on Emmerdale and the ITV soap villain has had a fair few relationships during her time in the village. However, is the actress currently single? Express.co.uk has everything you need to know.
The role of Kim Tate on Emmerdale, the mother of Jamie Tate (played by Alexander Lincoln) and the original village evil, is where Claire is best known. The actress has made two appearances on the ITV soap, but both times she has been able to steal the show with her portrayal. Off-screen, it appears the soap star’s life is completely different, and newspaper coverage of her previous romances has been extensive.
Is Emmerdale actress Claire King in a relationship?
Yes, Claire is presently involved in a committed relationship, but her partner’s identity has remained a secret.
This is due to the couple’s preference for secrecy, especially given that Claire has a history of prominent partnerships.
None more so than when she began dating Peter Amory, who portrayed Chris Tate on the weeknight serial drama, her on-screen stepson.
The couple started dating in the 1990s but didn’t decide to be married and formalize their relationship until 1994.Sadly, they were only married for ten years before divorcing in 2004 after she learned her spouse was allegedly having an affair.
When talking about the effects of her marriage dissolving, Claire told The Mirror: “I sensed that something was happening.
“We were spending a smaller and smaller amount of time together as I was working in London. Every weekend I would travel back to Yorkshire.
I recalled Pete remarking that the only reasons I returned were to see my horses and dogs, and I responded, “Well, certainly, and to catch you at it!”
Claire tacked on “When I questioned Pete, he acknowledged that it had been going on for some time. He said it was over, but it soon began again.”
She went on to say, “At that point, I said, “Well, you have to go with her then, since it definitely isn’t going to stop,”
The actress added, “And because I took it on the chin and didn’t shout, rave, or plead, I didn’t realize how much it hurt.”
Despite the supposed affair, Claire and Peter are now close friends.
With her present partner, a “regular bloke from Yorkshire” who she has been dating for the past 13 years, things are very different.
- Former Emmerdale star Micael Parr announces new project
- EastEnders fans go wild as Alfie Moon makes unexpected return for Tommy
- Former Emmerdale star Michael Parr announces new project
- 12 huge EastEnders spoilers for next week
- EastEnders: What Grant Mitchell’s young daughter Courtney looks like now and she has famous cousin
- Anxiety prompted Coronation Street star Samia Longchambon to drop 40th birthday party
- Coronation Street spoilers: Stu’s big secret exposed as Yasmeen finds his missing daughter?
- Emmerdale legends Chris Chittell and Lesley Dunlop spotted at Great Yorkshire Show
- EastEnders spoilers: Mitch discovers Avery’s shocking secret after he dies