KELVIN FLETCHER talked about changing perceptions following his work away from Emmerdale, which he starred in as Andy Sugden for 20 years.
The former Emmerdale actor who is now a farmer spoke with hosts Josie Gibson and Craig Doyle on This Morning about his recent acting work. He spoke of his desire for his transition from the film to the stage to “alter perceptions” about him. The 38-year-old discussed how his life has altered since leaving the well-known soap opera during an appearance on the ITV program on Tuesday.
Speaking about his new performance in Jack Absolute Flies Again, Kelvin gave an explanation of his reasons for choosing the theater.
Although it was a great opportunity, he acknowledged that it was also a little intimidating.
“Because [I] perform every day in front of 1,000 people.”
There is also no “Can we go again? Can you restart? It’s active.
It is therefore an enormous honor to be a part of this amazing show.
Do you get annoyed at this point when people say, “Oh, it’s Kelvin Fletcher from Emmerdale?” asked Craig.
Are you more content now that there is some time after being on stage?
The actor said, “Yeah, there’s been enough time.”
And I believe I’ve broken through and altered that perception, you know.
I’ve just finished one drama, and I’m ready to begin another one, he continued.
And I’m displaying that with this comedic piece – and with a moustache! “So still, for me as an actor, it’s to play as many various platforms – whether it’s theatre, TV, cinema, and as many different roles and genres as well.
After being motivated by confinement to take on an entirely new project, Kelvin is accustomed to taking professional risks.
Early last year, Kelvin’s Big Farming Adventure, his new show, premiered on BBC One.
Without having any prior agricultural expertise, the Strictly Come Dancing champion purchased a 120-acre property.
After years of portraying a farmer on the ITV soap opera, Kelvin was utterly unprepared for the experience of running his own farm.
Early in 2021, Kelvin and his wife Liz relocated their two young children from their home so that they could fully embrace the farming lifestyle.
With professional dancer Oti Mabuse, Kelvin won Strictly Come Dancing in 2019. Since then, he has concentrated on farming.However, he still has plenty of performing roles left in him, and he has new projects in the works.
- Former Emmerdale star Micael Parr announces new project
- EastEnders fans go wild as Alfie Moon makes unexpected return for Tommy
- Former Emmerdale star Michael Parr announces new project
- 12 huge EastEnders spoilers for next week
- EastEnders: What Grant Mitchell’s young daughter Courtney looks like now and she has famous cousin
- Anxiety prompted Coronation Street star Samia Longchambon to drop 40th birthday party
- Coronation Street spoilers: Stu’s big secret exposed as Yasmeen finds his missing daughter?
- Emmerdale legends Chris Chittell and Lesley Dunlop spotted at Great Yorkshire Show
- EastEnders spoilers: Mitch discovers Avery’s shocking secret after he dies