“I’ve had an absolutely blast.”
Jamie Kenna, a star of Coronation Street, sent a statement as he shot his final scenes as Phill Whittaker.
On the ITV serial, Phill and Fiz Stape just got married, however things didn’t last long after the latter realized she still loved Tyrone Dobbs and later got back together with him.
After that, the tension between Fiz and her husband increased, and Phill threatened to start a fight over the divorce. He did, however, later sign the annulment.
Jamie paid tribute to the program upon his departure and thanked the viewers for their support in a video from the cobbles set that the serial posted.
“Hello to all of you incredible, devoted Coronation Street viewers, folks. Jamie is here “He started. I’m standing outside the antique store where it all started a year ago. The’s when I entered, hid behind that wardrobe, and first saw Fiz. I instantly fell in love. Unfortunately, as we now know, I was unable to keep them apart any longer, and Jack and Vera are reunited in the present day. And I’m so grateful that I had a part in it.
Jamie went on to say that his co-stars Alan Halsall and Jennie McAlpine were the best to work with. I’ve been incredibly lucky.
“I just wanted to post on here to express my gratitude for everyone’s love and support for Phill and I over the past year. I’ve had the best time ever. I adore this location and this program. Big Phill with two Ls has had quite the journey.
He said, “Who knows, maybe it’s not the end, maybe they’ll bring him back. “But for now, it’s a big goodbye from me and once more, I’m sending tons of love and gratitude to everyone at Corrie, as well as to all of you for turning in, watching, and supporting me.
“There is no way I would have lasted for as long as I have without you and these Corrie men. Because of that, I’m extremely appreciative. Take care of yourself.
Keep watching this excellent show and keep it going since it is the foundation of British television, Canadian television, and global television in general.
Keep it going, then. I’ll see you later, so take care of yourselves and be careful. Love to you all.”
Later, Jamie posted the video on his own Instagram page with the caption: “”The Sad news is out! I’m gutted, but all good things must come to an end,” she continued. We appreciate all of your love and support.”
- Former Emmerdale star Micael Parr announces new project
- EastEnders fans go wild as Alfie Moon makes unexpected return for Tommy
- Former Emmerdale star Michael Parr announces new project
- 12 huge EastEnders spoilers for next week
- EastEnders: What Grant Mitchell’s young daughter Courtney looks like now and she has famous cousin
- Anxiety prompted Coronation Street star Samia Longchambon to drop 40th birthday party
- Coronation Street spoilers: Stu’s big secret exposed as Yasmeen finds his missing daughter?
- Emmerdale legends Chris Chittell and Lesley Dunlop spotted at Great Yorkshire Show
- EastEnders spoilers: Mitch discovers Avery’s shocking secret after he dies