Alan Fletcher, an actor, was dissatisfied that he was not given a more significant role in the BBC soap opera.
Alan published a behind-the-scenes picture of himself at the iconic Queen Vic pub’s bar on Twitter.
He stated: “I made an application for a new position at my favorite local. (I didn’t get the job.) @bbceastenders #theVic”
Some recommendations from fans were made to retain Alan in Albert Square.
You could make a cameo as yourself, celebrating Neighbors in the UK but getting lost and ending up at the Vic, one person said.
One more wrote: “I’d love to see you take over as the next innkeeper, and I support Rebekah E in her role as Sharon’s Australian cousin. Guys, MAKE IT HAPPEN!”
Another wrote: “Make the Vic a Walkabouts Australian Bar. Dr. K, EastEnders fans adore a good theme night.”
The actor appeared with Kellie Bright and Shona McGarty in a special appearance he filmed for the BBC soap opera.
As the two women talk about the end of Neighbours, he enters the café and snaps a selfie with Kellie as Linda.
Another Neighbours actor, Ryan Moloney, has hinted that the show will continue, but with a twist.
The 42-year-old actor appeared prominently in the Australian soap opera’s farewell episode, which aired there on Thursday, and portrayed Jarrod “Toadfish” Rebecchi for 27 years.
Ryan talked to Good Morning Britain about the show and how tonight’s final episode won’t necessarily be its last before it airs in the UK.
This is my final tour and my farewell to Neighbours, and I’m here to say goodbye, he declared. Yes, there are 15 shows at the London Palladium over three nights, as well as in Bath, Newcastle, and Belfast.
The event is scheduled for March of the following year and is billed as “the ultimate celebration of all things Ramsay Street.”
We will be flying over some of the biggest and best names from the show, all the way from the other side of the world, according to the official description.
Fans of Neighbours will be able to look back on their favorite Erinsborough moments from the past 37 years during this commemoration.
Join us as we take a look back at some of the old video, enjoy never-before-told tales from the cast as they are interviewed live on stage, plus surprises and a Q&A session at the conclusion.
“This will be the perfect farewell to one of Britain’s most beloved soap operas and the ultimate night for any Neighbours fan,” says the author.
- Former Emmerdale star Micael Parr announces new project
- EastEnders fans go wild as Alfie Moon makes unexpected return for Tommy
- Former Emmerdale star Michael Parr announces new project
- 12 huge EastEnders spoilers for next week
- EastEnders: What Grant Mitchell’s young daughter Courtney looks like now and she has famous cousin
- Anxiety prompted Coronation Street star Samia Longchambon to drop 40th birthday party
- Coronation Street spoilers: Stu’s big secret exposed as Yasmeen finds his missing daughter?
- Emmerdale legends Chris Chittell and Lesley Dunlop spotted at Great Yorkshire Show
- EastEnders spoilers: Mitch discovers Avery’s shocking secret after he dies